Youth in Action Programme
Rimini, Italy 29 September – 7 October 2012
WeFree Exchange is a project created by the San Patrignano Community that aims to foster exchange among European best practices in the field of informal education and youth empowerment, in the framework of the Youth in Action Programme.
The project takes place in Rimini, Italy from 29 September to 7 October 2012. The activities will include workshops, theatrical shows, debates and seminars, in which the main participants will be young people from the Tranformers Project (Portugal), Street UniverCity (Germany), San Patrignano and Ali Onlus (Italy).
The main themes of the WeFree Exchange Project are:
- to develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular in order to foster social cohesion in the European Union (YiA- Prio- 62);
- to foster mutual understanding between young people in different countries (YiA-Prio-63);
- to contribute to developing the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organization in the youth field ((YiA-Prio-64);
- to promote European cooperation in the youth field (YiA-Prio-65);
- to understand cultural diversity (YiA- Prio-3);
- to support inclusion (YiA- Prio-4);
- to foster a commitment to a more inclusive growth: fight against poverty and marginalization (YiA- Prio-517);
- to promote healthy lifestyles through physical activities including sport (YiA- Prio-55);
- and to support creativity and entrepreneurship (YiA- Prio-520).
For one week the young participants will work together, concluding in WeFree Days, a two day interactive event hosted inside the San Patrignano community on Friday October 5 and Saturday October 6, 2012 during which they will present the results of their exchange and integration experience in an interactive manner, engaging in group workshops with 2000 Italian secondary school students.